July 10th, 2015 — Mandatory Compliance
CBSA's Automated Commercial Information (ACI) eManifest program becomes mandatory for highway carriers. Non-compliant carriers will be denied entry into Canada.
January 10th, 2016 — AMPS Penalties
Fines under the Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS) are scheduled to begin for highway carriers who do not comply with ACI emanifest rules.
In 2016 — Advance Information Requirements for Importers
The proposed amendments would introduce:
- Re-manifest document requirements in all modes
- Rail and highway carriers' requirements for electronic advance notification of rail and highway in-transit cargo data
- Importers' requirements to transmit importer advance trade data electronically to the CBSA prior to arrival in air, rail and highway modes and prior to landing in marine mode
- New Administrative Monetary Penalty System penalties for new requirements
- New recordkeeping requirements